Sat, 19 Oct|
The Art and Science of Love Workshop (2)
Rebuild your friendship and connection and learn healthier communication patterns and how to better navigate conflict in this world renowned weekend workshop for couples.
Time & Location
19 Oct 2024, 9:00 am AEST – 20 Oct 2024, 5:00 pm AEST
Mooloolaba, 7 Venning St, Mooloolaba QLD 4557, Australia
About the event
Certified Gottman Couples Therapist and experienced Psychologist Madonna Hirning (Director, Sunshine Coast Couples Clinic) presents The Art and Science of Love Workshop. Based on over 40 years of research with thousands of couples, The Art and Science of Love workshop will give you new insights and research-based skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship and help you manage conflict in a healthy, positive way.
The Art and Science of Love Workshop is:
- For couples of every age, ability, marital status and sexual orientation.
- Suitable for all couples looking to strengthen their relationship. It can be an excellent opportunity to learn and develop skills around connection and conflict management for couples who have recently become engaged, married or committed to each other.
- Suitable for couples experiencing relationship distress - the workshop will provide you with the space and tools to repair your connection and can provide a good foundation for you to then explore your issues more deeply in couples therapy after the workshop if you choose.
- Shown to achieve results similar to those of 6 months of marital therapy
- Shown to produce positive results for 94% of those who attend
"This workshop is unique because it is grounded on what actually works in relationships that are happy and stable, not idealistic notions or anecdotal evidence of what a relationship should be."
What will we learn?
You and your partner will learn how to foster respect, affection and closeness in your relationship. You will build and share a deeper connection with each other. You'll learn how to keep conflict discussions calm, how to break through gridlock and how to strengthen and maintain the gains you make during the workshop over time.
Day 1: You will learn how to build friendship in your relationship and express feelings of appreciation and affection.
Day 2: You will learn how to manage conflict and communicate effectively.
You will also:
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your marriage
- Identify your relationship’s specific strengths and how to build on them together
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew, respect, and care for one another
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the six skills for effective conflict resolutions
- Understand the foundations for healthy intimacy in a relationship
- Ticket type
The Art and Science of LoveSale ends: 15 Oct, 5:20 pm AEST
15 Oct, 5:20 pm AEST
Your registration fee of $1190 includes workshop registration, morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea for both of you and your Art and Science of Love Couples Pack.Price$1,190.00
GST includedTax: GST included